Pages

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Sabatical & Distant Stitch Summer School

I've been taking a long break from the course to co-author a knitting book - Elements - with Alison Crowther Smith. Our new collaborative is aptly named Smith & Jones Knits, and designs are inspired by our local outdoor surroundings and bringing the outdoors in, which coincidently was the theme of the Workshop we did with the awesome Shelley Rhodes at Summer School - or Stitch Camp as I call it.

Creating the book has been a hugely exciting experience and steep learning curve, and has left me with very little time for anything else over the last 12 months. Now it's all been sent for layout before going to print so the project has pretty much been completed so I have a bit of a life again! I am itching to get back into some textile artwork and Summer School was just the kick start I needed..............

Here are a few pictures from the weekend which was a challenge - of stamina as well as learning!

Early morning view from my bedroom window.

Good intention tidy start - co staring Julie's arm

Assorted mark making exercises above and below - and a laminated leaf


Add caption
A little collection of treasures - and the makings of a name badge...      
Elli's box and our 'babies'


Assemblage done - awaiting stitch

I'm pretty pleased with how the wall piece has come together so far - just needs a bit of stitch and it'll be job done I think ......

No comments:

Post a Comment